HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE. DONATE OR VOLUNTEER TODAY.
Most of the artists represented in our store are Haitian artists invited to join the Santa Fe International Folk Art Market. The Folk Art Market provided the artists an opportunity of a lifetime to introduce the world to the authentic, handmade, and beautiful art of Haiti. Many of these artists had to borrow money from friends and family in Haiti to purchase supplies, and unfortunately, not all of the art sold at the market. Other artists have contributed their work directly from Haiti as a way to earn an income.
I, Fofo, have been a volunteer at the Santa Fe International Folk Art Market as a translator. After recognizing the need to help move the art, I decided to propose an online store to Hands of the Caribbean, Inc. to help the artists. HOTC accepted the proposal and our store will give the destitute Haitian artists yet another opportunity to sell their beautiful work and to support themselves.
The percentage of the distribution from the art sales will be as follows: 15% goes towards education and health in the Caribbean, and the remaining 85% will go to the artists and help with shipping costs as some of the art is fairly heavy.
We need your help! Your contribution by purchasing any item from the Hands Store will help change the life of someone you never thought was possible. Help us to pave the way to a better life, our motto at Hands of the Caribbean Inc., “Teach them to fish verses giving them a fish.”
Payments: Buyers can make a purchase through Paypal or call in your credit card at (505)-485-6965
All rights reserved: All pictures belong to the photographer and the artist and cannot be distributed or shared without permission.
For the holiday season, all items are eligible for free shipping from November 15th through January 31st.
Upon purchase, you can send a request for more information about the artist and the artwork